HOUSE 99-UK PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or at one of our stores or counters, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account on our website or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, health information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
We also collect information using cookies to understand how you interact with our advertising content, to make sure we’re delivering this is the most relevant way. We do this on our sites and on third party sites. See our Cookies Policy below for more information.
If you are using one of our mobile apps, we may also collect information about the way you use our app.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (for example a website for another L’Oréal brand) or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
- Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
- Contact you about a particular type of product where you have started a transaction but not finalised your purchase;
- Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
- Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
- Give you updates on any changes to our service;
- Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
- Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
- Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
- Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails), or offering you advertising content that is relevant to your interests;
- Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
- Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
- Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and verifying your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If L’Oréal or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We will not sell your personal information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
If you want to control which cookies are used, please see our Cookies Policy below.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
House 99 Data Protection Officer
L’Oreal (UK) limited
255 Hammersmith Road
London W6 8 AZ
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the website can remember who you are.
There are two types of cookies on our sites – “session” cookies that are temporary cookies that remain on your browser only while you’re on our site, and “persistent” cookies, that remain on your browser for much longer.
Do I want to stop them?
Many cookies are used to enhance the usability or functionality of a website; therefore disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and give you a button by which you can block the optional cookies.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all cookies on this site. You can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons below to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
We use four different types of cookies on this site – those that are strictly necessary for the website to function, functionality cookies, performance/analytics cookies, and targeted/advertising cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential for our website to work correctly. They may be required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, or for a shopping cart function. These cookies cannot be switched off.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example, they may remember information about previous choices you have made, remember your password, or allow video or social media content to be properly viewed on the website. You can opt out of functionality cookies using the function below.
Analytics and Performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us understand how you interact with our site, so we can provide you with an improved user experience e.g. to assess the performance of our website, or to test different design ideas for the website. We may work with third parties to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of these cookies using the function below.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) to you, and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. This content may be delivered on our websites, or on a third party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of them using the function below. You can also opt out of targeted advertising by clicking on the “Ad Choices” logo on our advertising, or at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. Note however by opting out of these cookies you do not opt out of receiving advertising content altogether; you will instead receive general content that does not take into account your interests and preferences.
We also use web beacons in combination with cookies.
Where we work with third parties, they may set cookies to deliver the services that they are providing (e.g. tailored advertising). We make every effort to identify these cookies and detail them below, so that you can choose to opt out.
There may be additional cookies managed by third parties, for example:
- Social Media Networks and Third Party Content. On our website we may use social networking icons and sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, or click on a social network icon that takes you to a that social network, you will be presented with third party cookies from Youtube or that site as applicable. We do not control these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
- [Flash cookies. L’Oréal uses Flash files to deliver part of its content, such as Video Player, throughout the site. To improve user experience Local Shared Objects – or flash cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored in your terminal much in the same way as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies - the adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like www.loreal.co.uk or for all websites – see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Restricting the use of Flash cookies may affect your enjoyment of this site.]
If you wish to change you cookie settings, please use the function below:
Reject or accept optional cookies from the website
|I accept the optional cookies on this site|
|I reject the optional cookies on this site|
All cookies used on this website are detailed below
|Cookie||Cocokie's Identification||Purpose of the cookie|
|Website pages (compulsory)||frontend||Cookie required to navigate from one page to another and to maintain the login/logout information during your visit. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 1 hour.|
|Website category (optional)||CATEGORY_INFO
|These cookies provide information on how you browse our website categories in order to optimize your experience. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier.These cookies expire when you finish your session.|
|Google Analytics (optional)||__utma
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. They are placed on the site by Google, Inc an American Corporation. They collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished. For more information visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/|
|Google AdWords (optional)||PREF
|These cookies are used to track orders that were generated by searching activities on Google or on the Google Display Network Board. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished. For more information visit: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/|
|Newsletter registration pop up (optional)||_nrlsk
|These cookies allow us to check if you've seen the newsletter registration popup. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Online survey (optional)||MetrixLabp21571_fr||This cookie allows us to check if you have been shown the online survey popup. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Google Tag Manager (optional)||_55||This cookie allows us to measure traffic and users browsing behaviour and better understand the results of our online advertising and social media channels. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. This cookie remain on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Offers (optional)||CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||This cookie allows us to serve you personalised offers on our website. It collects information in an anonymous form.This cookie expires after 1 hour.|
Last updated: February 2018